Homemade Chinese food is NOT scary!!! It’s so easy, it just has a lot of ingredients, that’s all. These are a super favorite of mine and I want to share them with you! All the sauces listed can be found in the ethnic food isle in the asian section.
Pork Dumpling Filling:
1/2lb ground pork
1 T. sweet chili sauce
1 T. soy sauce
1 Finely chopped scallion
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 package of Wonton Wrappers (not egg roll wrappers!)
1. Mix everything together except the wonton wrappers.
2. Fill Wonton Wrappers with 1 tsp of filling, no more and no less, we want these to cook fast and easy!
3. Watch this video and choose your style of folding wontons. It only takes a little water to seal the edges. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wUiwMOa-BI
4. Heat up a small amount of olive oil in the bottom of a Wok (or frying pan) and toss in 10-15 wontons. Fry them until they are crispy on a couple of sides. This should take less than a couple minutes since wontons crisp very easily.
5. Add 1/2 Cup water to your pan and cover it while keeping the heat on high. This will steam the dumplings until they are fully cooked. Steam them for about 2-4 minutes.
6. Remove the lid, let the water evaporate out and add just a touch more olive oil (your dumplings will want to stick). Flip them with a spatula and crisp them up again if you want to, although it’s not required.
7. Serve while hot with sauce (recipe below) and if you want to add a little flair, stir fry 4 scallions chopped into 4inch sections and use as garnish(they taste great too!).
5T Soy Sauce
3T Sweet Chili Sauce
1tsp Sesame Seed Oil
1 finely chopped scallion (or less depending on your taste)
Now, this sauce is highly customizable. For my sauce I add 1tsp of oyster sauce to it and I taste test it until the sugar/salt is balanced. Please feel free to customize it as some people like a more salty sauce while others like it sweet. Add soy for salty and add white sugar for sweet, but in small increments.
This is one of myfavorite recipes! It’s really wonderful and I think you’ll love it! Enjoy! If you have any questions, please ask!
May the odds be ever in your favor!